Roles & Responsibilities
As an Operations Officer, you will be responsible for the daily co-ordination and oversight of the entire company flight operation and act as the primary contact for key operational information.
You will have an aptitude for problem solving, critical thinking and an ability to prioritise well. You’ll be able to work methodically, quickly and with professionalism at all times and be able to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have proven experience of working well with customers.
Being the focal point for daily ops, you will facilitate the needs of the business in a predominantly communicative role by providing information to our flight crew, engineering teams, customers and other key stakeholders. Shifts will involve working nights and weekends also some working outside assisting the ramp department which can often be physically and mentally demanding.
Operational tasks include:
- Being a central point of contact within the company to facilitate day-to-day operations
- Maintain a flight watch for the safe and efficient running of flight operations
- Management of the aircrew roster and allocation of duties
- Flight planning, including route planning and flight plan submission
- Producing flight crew paperwork packs including all associated flight safety related material
- Liaise with existing and new customers, to arrange flights and update on progress
- Coordinate crew hotel accommodation, transport, handling agents, customs declarations etc.
- During peak periods or outside of core operating hours, the role involves supporting and managing the ramp department in the following tasks: The use of ground equipment to facilitate aircraft ramp movements, fuelling aircraft, loading and unloading of cargo from aircraft.
- Take a proactive approach to RVL Group’s Safety Culture through contribution to the Safety Management System
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Computer literate & excellent knowledge of Office suite
- Knowledge of Aviation Industry preferred
- Ability to think outside the box and make decisions under pressure
- Customer service experience and excellent telephone manner essential
- Holder of Private or Commercial Flying Licence preferred but not essential
- Full UK driving licence
- This role involves working unsocial hours
- We are a dynamic company that fulfils a challenging commitment to our customers, so we require flexibility from our team members